Lotta alla radicalizzazione nelle carceri. Conferenza FAIR a Roma.
- The Italian Ministry of Justice has been invited
- Ms. Anna Rossomando – Vice-President of Senate of the Italian Republic
- Mr. Francesco Basentini – Italian Department of prison administration at the Ministry of Justice
- Mr. Patrizio Lamonaca – Director of Fondazione Nuovo Villaggio del Fanciullo and Project Manager of FAIR
10.00: Homage to the Victims of terrorism. The voices from a daughter and a mother:
- Ms. Debora Bornazzini and Ms. Valeria Collina.
10.30: High Level round table on current and future challenges on radicalisation in prisons:
Chairman: Vincenzo Spagnolo, Journalist of ‘Avvenire’ (TBC).
- “From Criminals to Terrorists: Critical Issues in Management, Radicalization, and Reform”,
Mr. Dorin Muresan, Board member, International Correction and Prison Association (ICPA);
- “Researching radicalisation to mitigate extremist violent behaviour”
Mr. Trevor Calafato, Senior Lecturer, Department of Criminology – University of Malta;
- “Critical Issues in managing radicalisation in the European prisons”
Mr. Alessio Scandurra, Associazione Antigone, Italia;
- “Religion and Radicalization in Prison: an empirical research”
Mr. Carlo Alberto Romano, Criminologist, Department of Law – University of Brescia;
11.30: Coffee break
11.45: Presentation of the main project results and discussion withthe following key-experts:
- Ms. Lucia Castellano, General Director, Department of external penal area and juvenile justice, Ministry of Justice
- Mr. Stefano Dambruoso, Magistrate, Bologna
- Ms. Irena Zemaitaityte, Professor, Institute of Educational Sciences and Social Work Mykolas Romeris University, Lithuania
- Mr. Carlos Fernandez, Member of the RAN Prison & Probation working group, Spain
- Mr. Yassine Lafram, President of UCOII – Union of the Italian Islamic Community –
- Mr. Andrea Manciulli, President “Europa Atantica”
- Mr. Claudio Bertolotti, Director, START InSight
- Mr. Graziano Lori, President Associazione “Cerchio Blu”, Firenze;
- Mr. Marcello Mattè, Chaplain, Bologna prison.
13.45: Closing remarks and recommendations by Mr. Patrizio Lamonaca and Mr. Luca Guglielminetti, Project Manager and Scientific Coordinator of FAIR project.